To prepare oven-baked oysters, prepare a breadcrumb mixture of panko crumbs, butter, onion, celery, salt, garlic, artichoke hearts, lemon zest, ground black pepper and dried oregano. Stuff the oysters with the mixture, top with crumbled bacon and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
These oysters are topped with a breadcrumb mixture and baked until the breadcrumbs are lightly browned, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Prep Time: 45 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Ready In: 1 hr. 10 min.
- 24 oysters on the half shell
- 4 cups rock salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, finely chopped
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Evenly spread the 4 cups kosher salt on a sheet pan and place the oysters on the salt.
- Melt the butter over low heat and add in the salt, onion and celery. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, and then add in the garlic, cooking for 1 to 2 minutes more. Add in the remaining ingredients, minus the bacon, and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Divide the stuffing among the oysters and sprinkle with the crumbled bacon. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the stuffing is lightly browned.