The Liquor website offers a simple Irish Coffee recipe that calls for Jameson Irish Whiskey, brown sugar syrup, coffee and cream. The recipe is really simple, sweet and ideal to drink any time, but is especially nice on a cold day.
The type of coffee used for the drink is completely optional. Cooks can use their favorite brewing coffee and cream. The cream for the drink should be standard unsweetened whipping cream. Using a flavored coffee creamer will not give the right results and cause the coffee to taste odd. If brown sugar syrup can't be found, it can be easily made by boiling brown sugar and water until the sugar dissolves. Prep time can be longer than shown if the syrup needs to be made. The type of glass used to serve the drink is also optional. The recipe recommends an Irish coffee glass, but any standard glass will work as long as it is large enough to hold the drink.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 1/2 ounces Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 1 ounce brown sugar syrup
- Hot brewed coffee
- Unsweetened cream, lightly whipped
- Pour the syrup and whiskey into an Irish coffee glass and fill 2/3 of the way full with coffee.
- Top with approximately 1 inch of the whipped cream and serve.