A homemade version of V8 juice requires a juicer and ingredients such as tomatoes, garlic, water, Worcestershire sauce and sugar. All the ingredients are run through the juicer to create a healthy, thick juice.
Homemade V8 Juice
This homemade version of V8 juice can be made in about an hour and has all the health benefits of V8.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds of tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped celery
- 3/8 carrot, chopped
- 1/4 beet
- 1/8 green bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 1/3 garlic clove
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1-quart sterilized canning jar with lid and ring
- Run the tomatoes, onion, garlic, celery, beet, carrot and green bell pepper through a juicer.
- In a large pot, combine the juice, water, white sugar, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper together. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes or until the flavors meld.
- While the juice boils, sterilize the jar and lid. Ladle the juice into the jar and ,if desired, add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon of white sugar. Stir until combined.
- Process the jar in a pressure canner at 10 pounds of pressure for 35 minutes.
- Remove the jar and place on a heat-resistant surface to cool. Once cool, check the lid for a proper seal and store in a cool, dark place.