By using frozen potatoes, this cheesy potato recipe can be prepared in around 20 minutes. With optional bacon, scallions and sour cream, this is a highly customizable recipe that any level of cook can make.
Easy Cheesy Potatoes
Even novice cooks can prepare this easy cheesy potato recipe with just a few ingredients.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Ready In: 20 min.
- 32-oz. package of frozen potatoes
- 1 package shredded cheddar/Jack cheese blend
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon (optional)
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Salt or no-salt seasoning, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Sour cream for garnish (optional)
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 450 F. Spray a large skillet with the nonstick cooking spray. Heat the pan using medium heat and add the potatoes. Cook using medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Season the potatoes with no-salt seasoning or salt and black pepper to taste.
Step 2: Transfer the potatoes to a baking or casserole dish and top with the cheese and bacon, if desired. Bake at 450 F for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, sprinkle the scallions on top and return to the oven for another few minutes, melting the cheese on top.
Step 3: When the cheese has melted, remove from the oven. Serve hot with sour cream as a garnish, if desired.