The crostini recipe calls for a good crusty bread, sliced very thin, extra virgin olive oil, salt, ground black pepper and Parmesan cheese. This recipe is a great dish to serve at breakfast or brunch.
Any type of crusty bread can be used for crostini. Baguettes or ciabatta are good choices. Use a bread knife to cut the bread or ask the bakery to slice it before purchasing the bread. There are several toppings that can be put on the crostini, including goat cheese, salami, ricotta, artichoke and dill. These are normally served as a type of spread, so it is possible to serve them in a bowl on the side instead of already on the bread. This also allows for a variety of toppings to be served.
Prep time: 10 min.
Cook time: 12 min.
Total time: 22 min.
- 1/2 loaf of crusty bread, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Gray salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Brush the bread on both sides with olive oil, then add salt and black pepper.
- Arrange the break on a baking sheet, then bake until crusty. This takes about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Brush with Parmesan cheese, if using.