One recipe for cranberry orange marmalade calls for oranges, cranberries, sugar and liquid pectin. The mixture is cooked for 45 minutes and placed into jars.
Cranberry Orange Marmalade
This recipe is easy enough for novice cooks to make and is perfect for using extra cranberries.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour
Yield: 8 half-pint jars
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pound ripe cranberries
- 1/2 bottle liquid pectin
- 6 1/2 cups sugar
- Cut the oranges and lemon into quarters and remove the seeds.
- Grind or slice the oranges and lemon into very thin slices.
- Add the fruit to a pot with the baking soda and water. Bring it to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- After 20 minutes, add the cranberries and simmer, covered for another 10 minutes.
- Remove 5 cups of the fruit mixture and place into another large saucepan. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Over high heat, bring the sugar and fruit mixture to a full boil and continue to boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the liquid pectin.
- Skim the foam off the top and stir the mixture for about 7 minutes, removing any more foam that forms.
- Spoon the mixture into eight hot, sterilized jars and seal.