A recipe for cold bow tie pasta salad is Jamie Deen's, which cooks pasta with edamame, carrots and broccoli before draining and combining in a bowl with shredded mozzarella and cherry tomatoes. Toss this with a dressing of mayonnaise, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper, and then fold with green onions before chilling to serve.
Bow Tie Pasta Salad
This simple cold salad yields between 6 and 8 servings.
Prep time: 15 min.
Cook time: 15 min.
Ready in: 30 min.
- 1 lb. bow tie pasta
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup frozen edamame, out of pods
- 2 carrots, cut into half-inch chunks
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli crown, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta and vegetables
- Combine with other ingredients
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add the pasta. Cook for 3 minutes less than package instructions. Add edamame and carrot chunks and cook for 2 minutes more, and then add the broccoli florets for a further 1 minute of cooking. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Add the pasta and vegetables to a bowl with the mozzarella and tomatoes. In a separate bowl, whisk the oil and vinegar, and then whisk in the mayonnaise, sugar, garlic, salt and black pepper. Pour onto pasta mixture and toss to combine, and then fold in the green onions. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.