The recipe for candied bacon is a popular breakfast, or an anytime, snack recipe with just a few ingredients including bacon, brown sugar and black pepper. The recipe also calls for two baking sheets about the same size due to one being used to press the bacon flat as it cooks.
This recipe from Food Network is popular and easy to make. It is a great recipe to get family involved in for weekend breakfasts and is best served hot as soon as it's ready from the oven.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 35 min.
Ready In: 45 min.
- 12 slices of bacon, approximately 1/4 inch in thickness.
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- Finely ground black pepper
- 2 baking sheets
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Place uncooked bacon in a bowl and toss it with the brown sugar and black pepper.
- Line one of the baking sheets with either aluminum foil or parchment paper. Arrange the bacon in a single layer on the tray.
- Cover the bacon with more parchment or foil and lay second baking sheet on top of it to keep it flat.
- Place the bacon in the middle of the oven and cook for around 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Once the bacon is crisp, transfer to the serving dish or plate. The bacon may crisp more once it is out of the oven, so keep that in mind when cooking.