Amish cookies are quick and easy to make, using ingredients such as sugar, flour, eggs and butter. This recipe makes light and fluffy cookies every time.
Amish Sugar Cookies
This recipe makes around 30 servings, depending on the size of the cookies. One serving is two cookies.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 20 minutes
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the oil, butter and sugars. Add the eggs and combine. Beat in the vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar and baking soda. Mix well.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until a smooth dough forms.
- Drop the dough by small teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Once baked, remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
For different flavors, try substituting different extract flavors such as almond or butter pecan.