Baked pears are a simple mixture of pears, brown sugar and butter. They are served hot and can be served with a side of ice cream.
Baked Pears Recipe
This recipe for baked pears was originally featured on Food Network's "Everyday Italian," courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. This rich autumn treat is very easy to prepare and customize.
Prep time: 10 min.
Cook time: 45 min.
Ready in: 55 min.
- 3 pears, such as Bosc or Bartlett pears
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Peel each pear and cut it in half. Remove the cores. Lay the pear halves facing upwards in a glass baking dish.
- Turn the oven on to 400 F.
- In a small saucepan, mix the apple juice and sugar. Turn on the heat to medium-high and let the mixture heat up. When the sugar dissolves, mix in the butter and let it melt.
- Drizzle the sauce on the pears. Bake the dessert for around 35 minutes and remove from the oven when the pears start to brown.
There are many variations on this recipe. Food & Wine magazine features a similar recipe with maple syrup drizzled over the pears for a richer flavor. EatingWell magazine swaps the apple juice and sugar for Riesling wine and honey.