Q:

What peanut products are safe to eat?

A:

Quick Answer

Unless you happen to be stricken with a peanut allergy, peanuts are a very safe and nutritious food to eat. Peanuts can provide protein, good fats and energy to a body in need.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

Peanut allergies are common in young children and can be life-threatening. Watch for symptoms of an allergic reaction when introducing peanut products to a young child. Most parents are instructed not to let their child consume peanuts before reaching the age of one.

If you or your child have had a reaction to peanuts, all products containing peanuts or processed in a plant with peanuts, should be avoided. Check food product labels to be sure peanuts are not included.

An allergic reaction to peanuts can range from hives or a rash on the skin, to life-threatening danger, such as constriction of the airways. It is important to remember that reactions can vary - one person may experience a range of reactions in their lifetime. In the case of an allergic reaction, always consult a doctor or visit the hospital to be safe. Once diagnosed with a peanut allergy, emergency medicine can be provided. Keeping an EpiPen close is or products like benadryl are great for those with food allergies.

Learn more about Beans & Nuts
Sources:

Related Questions

Explore