Q:

How much protein is in an egg white?

A:

Quick Answer

One egg white contains 3.6 grams of protein. The protein in egg whites is rich in amino acids, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, folate and calcium. Egg whites are also low in calories and fat, making them a preferred source of nutrition for many people who want to build muscle.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

In an egg, 57 percent of the protein comes from the white. The remaining 43 percent of the protein is in the yolk. Egg yolks are much higher in calories and fat than the egg whites. Some people are concerned about eating egg yolks because they contain a high amount of cholesterol, but yolks also contain many beneficial vitamins and fatty acids.

Learn more about Food Facts

Related Questions

Explore