Yellow mustard potato salad is made by boiling potatoes and mixing them with onion, celery, relish and yellow mustard. The dish is combined to make a tangy, creamy dish ideal for picnics or cookouts.
Yellow Mustard Potato Salad
This is an easy recipe to make, even for novice cooks. It takes about 30 minutes to prepare and the ingredients may be adjusted to suit different tastes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Ready In: 27 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 1/2 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 small to medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pimento, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, optional
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Boil the peeled, cubed potatoes in salted water for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Do not overcook.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and spread them out on a baking sheet to cool.
- While the potatoes cool, combine the celery, onion, pimento, relish, mayonnaise and mustard in a bowl.
- Combine the cooled potatoes with the dressing mixture in a large bowl. Stir well to coat. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.