Making a top round roast in a Crock-Pot or other slow cooker is as easy as placing the meat and its seasonings in the slow cooker and turning it on low heat for 10 to 12 hours. The slow cooker does all the work, resulting in a juicy and tender cut of meat.
Versatile Crock-Pot Roast Beef
This recipe calls for a top round roast, but any cut of beef will work. The spices in this recipe are only suggestions and can be adjusted to taste.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 hours
Ready In: 12 hours 5 minutes
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 top round roast weighing 3 to 4 pounds
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 or 2 large onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cans sliced mild green chilies
- Place the sliced onions on the bottom of the Crock-Pot.
- Trim the meat, if necessary, and lay it on top of the onions.
- Top the meat with the salt, pepper, garlic and green chilies.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours. The meat should flake easily with a fork, and the onions will be brown and caramelized.
- Remove the meat to a cutting board and shred or slice. Use the onions and juices for gravy or au jus.