Smoked Salmon Hors d'Oeuvres
These pre-dinner tidbits can be topped with a variety of herbs like dill, parsley or cilantro. Leftovers of the mix can be served as a dip as well as on the crackers.
Prep time: 20 min.
Chill time: Up to 3 hr.
Total time: Up to 3 hr. 20 min.
- 12 to 16 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 20 round whole grain crackers
Learn more about Cooking
- Lay out an 18-inch by 12-inch piece of plastic wrap and arrange approximately eight slices of the salmon in the middle to make a rectangle shape. The shape should be about 12 inches by 8 inches when done.
- Puree the cream cheese, mustard, green onions and remaining salmon in a food processor until smooth and spreadable. Spread in an even layer onto the rectangle of salmon, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides.
- Starting on one of the long edges, roll the salmon into a log. Use the plastic wrap to help roll and keep the log tight. Place in the refrigerator or freezer until its firm enough to cut. Slice and place on crackers to serve.