One simple recipe uses arugula, Parmesan cheese and lemon to create a salad that is peppery and a little tangy. It takes only minutes to prepare and is easy enough for novice cooks.
Arugula Salad with Olive Oil, Lemon and Parmesan Cheese
Putting this salad together is as easy as chopping the arugula and tossing it with a few other ingredients. This recipe makes 4 servings.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 10 minutes
- 2 bunches arugula, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 chunk Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- After washing and drying the arugula, chop or tear into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil on the arugula, followed by the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss well to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan-Reggiano into thin ribbons over the top of the salad. Serve chilled.
For added variety, try making a dressing out of balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and olive oil to use in place of the lemon and olive oil mixture. Substitute 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard and 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil in place of the other ingredients listed above.