Dump cakes are simple recipes and require very little in the way of clean up or kitchen tools. This dump cake recipe is made with pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, cake mix and butter.
While this recipe is simple to make, it is very rich in flavors. Cooks looking for a great dessert that won't have them spending all day in the kitchen, then this is a great choice. The cake can be warmed up in the microwave before being served after it has initially cooled.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 to 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 box spiced cake mix
- 1 cup butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13 inch by 9 inch baking dish with non stick spray. While the oven is preheating, mix the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Then pour the mix into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the mixture in the dish. Next, drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. It will still be soft in the middle, but will set up as it cools. Allow to cook 30 minutes before serving.