Pretzel snacks are made with pretzels, cheese crackers, peanuts, butter, Italian seasoning, garlic and ground black pepper. These snacks are easy to make and take very little prep or cook time. They make for great game, party or lunch snacks.
The types of pretzels and additional ingredients can be changed depending on the what guests or family prefer. This recipe uses the pretzel squares, but any type of pretzel stick or shape can be used. The cheese crackers can be other flavors and any brand that is desired.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups baked cheddar cheese crackers
- 1 9-ounce container of bite-size pretzel snaps (approximately 5 cups)
- 1 12-ounce can peanuts
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- I clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Combine the pretzels, crackers and peanuts in a roasting pan. In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter, Italian seasoning, garlic and black pepper. Mix the butter mixture into the pretzel mixture, stirring to coat completely and evenly.
- Bake the snack mix, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Make sure to stir the mix every 15 minutes to make sure it bakes evenly. Spread the mix out to cool and then store in an airtight container.