A port sauce can be made for pork tenderloin using ingredients such as port, chicken broth, honey and butter, which are combined in a saucepan. One example of a port sauce is fig and port sauce by Giada De Laurentiis of the Food Network.
Fig and Port Sauce
This port sauce appeared on the "Roasting Show" episode of the show "Everyday Italian." It makes 4 to 6 servings.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Ready in: 45 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups port
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 dried black Mission figs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ground black pepper
- Combine the port, chicken broth, figs, rosemary, cinnamon sticks and honey in a medium saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Boil for about 30 minutes or until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Discard the cinnamon sticks and rosemary sprigs. Place the mixture in a blender and puree until smooth. Add the butter and blend.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 day. Reheat over medium heat before using. Serve with pork tenderloin.