The Pioneer Woman's Dump Cake calls for cherry pie filling, pineapple, cake mix, margarine, butter and whipped cream. The recipe is simple and can be fixed in the pan that it will be cooked in making clean up quick and easy.
The Pioneer Woman Dump Cake
The fruit in this recipe can be changed out as needed for taste. Some common fruit cobbler or dump cake fruits include peaches, apples and pumpkin. If butter is not available, the half stick of butter can be replaced with margarine for a total of 1 and 1/2 sticks.
Prep time: 15 min.
Cook time: 1 hr.
Total time: 1 hr. 15 min.
- 1 can cherry pie filling (21 ounces)
- 1 can crushed pineapple (15 ounces)
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 1 stick margarine
- 1/2 stick butter
- Whipped cream
- Dump the two cans of fruit into the baking dish and mix them together. Spread it out evenly on the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix out on the top of the fruit mix, making sure that the whole thing is covered.
- Slice the butter and margarine, spreading the chunks out evenly over the top of the cake mix.
- Bake the cake at 350 F for 45 minutes to 1 hour until cake mix is cooked through. Top with whipped cream with each serving.