A homemade whipped cream recipe is available on the Food Network website courtesy of Alton Brown and calls for the vigorous whisking, or whipping together, of sugar and cream.
Homemade Whipped Cream
This recipe is extremely quick and easy, requiring no specialist skill beyond rapid whisking, and yields up to two cups of homemade whipped cream.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Inactive Time: 10 min.
Ready In: 20 min.
- 2 tbsp., sugar
- 1 cup, heavy whipping cream
- Chill a metal mixing bowl and whisk in a freezer for between 10 and 15 minutes.
- Put the sugar into the mixing bowl first, followed by the whipping cream.
- Combine the ingredients vigorously using the chilled metal whisk. Aim for a stiff consistency that can be sculpted into fairly durable peaks.
- Once the desired consistency has been achieved, the cream can either be used immediately or refrigerated for up to 10 hours inside an airtight container. It can also be frozen. If storing it for later use, be sure to give the cream another quick whisk of around 10-15 seconds beforehand.
Some popular uses for homemade whipped cream include folding into melted chocolate to make a mousse or adding to coffee, pancakes, French toast or waffles. It can also be used to make icebox cakes.