Make ham sauce by combining ingredients such as mustard, tarragon vinegar and sugar and cooking the mixture for a few minutes on the stove until thick. It's easy enough for even inexperienced cooks to whip up in less than 20 minutes.
Mustard Sauce for Ham
This sauce requires only a few ingredients and only cooks for a few minutes Try this on chicken as well as on baked ham.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 egg yolks
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine the flour, sugar and mustard powder. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk and egg yolks with a whisk. Once combined, whisk in the mustard mixture.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
Make a similar mustard ham sauce by using brown sugar and experimenting with spices. Prepared mustard, such as dijon may be used in place of the mustard powder if not available, and the sauce can be as thick or thin as desired.