This easy broccoli cheese soup recipe only requires five ingredients, things that are found in almost any kitchen. With chicken or vegetable stock, broccoli and cheddar cheese, anyone can whip together this soup in under 30 minutes.
Five-Ingredient Broccoli Cheese Soup
This soup is healthy, inexpensive to make and easy enough that even novice cooks can whip up a batch quickly.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ready In: 30 minutes
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cups frozen or fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped to make 1 cup
- 1 15-ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- Combine stock, onion and broccoli
- Add evaporated milk
- Add cheese
In a medium saucepan, stir together stock, onion and broccoli over medium heat. Bring it to a low boil and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in the evaporated milk and cook for 3 minutes. The mixture should be at a simmer.
Remove the soup from the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
For extra flavor, or to omit the salt, add Italian or Cajun seasoning to taste.