Cheddar's Casual Cafe's Santa Fe spinach dip is a dip served with tortilla chips and features spinach, sour cream, several cheeses and spices. Cheddar's Casual Cafe is an Irving, Texas-based restaurant chain that began in 1979, and it has more than 100 locations in the United States.
Cheddar's Casual Cafe's Santa Fe spinach dip can also be served with crackers and fresh vegetables.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ready In: 55 minutes
- 2 count, garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 14 1/2 ounces, diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 count, medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup, Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup, Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup, cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup, mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 10 ounces, frozen leaf spinach, squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon, lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon, Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons, sour cream
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a large skillet with vegetable oil or vegetable oil spray. Add onions and saute for about 5 minutes, or until tender on medium heat. Add tomatoes and garlic, and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Step 2: Add the Alfredo sauce, which can be homemade or store-bought, and the cheeses to a large saucepan. Heat on medium heat until everything is blended and the cheeses have melted, for approximately 10 minutes. Add the tomato mixture and blend well. Add the spinach, lime juice and Cajun seasoning and mix well. Spray a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with vegetable oil and add the spinach dip to the dish.
Step 3: Bake the spinach dip for up to 30 minutes until the dip is bubbly. Serve warm with sour cream on top.