Captain Rodney's cheese dip is made by combining ingredients such as cream cheese, cheddar cheese and mayonnaise and baking for about 15 minutes. This is an easy dip to make for parties or other get-togethers.
Captain Rodney's Cheese Dip
Captain Rodney's cheese dip only uses a few different ingredients and can be modified to cater to any taste.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 8 slices chopped cooked bacon or premade bacon bits.
- 1/2 cup Captain Rodney's boucan glaze or any sweet pepper jelly.
- 12 to 20 Ritz or Townhouse crackers
- Mix together the mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and onions and pour into a greased quiche pan, or similar vessel.
- Crumble the Ritz or Townhouse crackers and sprinkle on top of the cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes or until the edges are brown and bubbly.
- Remove the dip and top with the cooked bacon and boucan glaze. Place the dish back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the crackers are brown and the edges bubbling.
- Serve immediately with crackers.