Make banana ice cream with ingredients like fresh bananas, heavy cream and vanilla. Place it into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's directions.
Banana Ice Cream
Making banana ice cream is easy and by using fresh ingredients, home cooks can make this healthy treat any time. This recipe yields 1 quart.
Prep time: 35 minutes
Inactive time: 6 hours
Ready in: 6 hours 35 minutes
- 6 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Peel the bananas and put them on a cookie sheet. Place them in the freezer overnight.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer and place in a food processor. Add the lemon juice and process for about 15 seconds.
- Add the corn syrup and vanilla bean seeds and turn the processor back on. Add the heavy cream, a little at a time. Blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator and chill until it reaches a temperature of 40 F.
- Place the chilled mixture in an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's directions.
- Place the ice cream in an airtight container and freeze from 3 to 6 hours, or until set. Serve cold.