The Bisquick Apple Cobbler recipe calls for sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, water, butter, apples, lemon peel, Bisquick, milk, sugar and butter. Using Bisquick mix makes this kind of dessert a lot faster and simpler to make.
Bisquick Apple Cobbler
The apples in this recipe can actually be substituted with a different fruit, if desired. Cherries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and peaches are popular choices for cobbler.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 35 to 40 min.
Total Time: 50 to 55 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 5 cups apples, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup Bisquick mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter for topping
- Blend sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and water in a sauce pan. Bring this mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Take the pan off the heat, then add the butter, apples and lemon peel.
- Pour mix into a buttered baking dish.
- Mix the Bisquick, milk, sugar and melted butter in a separate bowl until completely mixed. Drop this mix by spoonfuls onto the apple mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake the cobber at 350 F for approximately 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is a golden brown.