The Veg-All Casserole recipe, which has gotten five out of five stars on Just a Pinch, calls for chicken soup, veg-all mixed veggies, water chestnuts, onion, celery, mayonnaise, crackers and butter. Using the cans of Veg-All saves time on chopping and preparing vegetables for this recipe.
Those looking to reduce salt or fat intake can use low-fat or low sodium options. This recipe serves 10 to 12, so it is ideal for dinner parties or surprise guests. Vegetarians may wish to substitute cream of mushroom or cream of celery for the chicken soup. To make the casserole thicker or a main dish instead of a side dish, try adding diced turkey or chicken to the mix.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 2 cans Veg-All mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 sleeve of crackers
- Mix the Veg-All, cream of chicken soup, water chestnuts, onion, celery and mayonnaise and pour into a casserole dish.
- Crush the crackers to the desired size and sprinkle over the casserole. Dot the top of the casserole with bits of butter.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly around the edges