The "Impossibly Easy Taco Pie" offered by Betty Crocker on their website has gotten four and a half stars from users and is simple to prepare. The recipe calls for ground beef, onion, taco seasoning mix, canned green chilies, milk, eggs, Bisquick, shredded cheese, salsa and sour cream.
The sour cream and salsa are optional as is brand of taco mix and canned chilies that are used. Cooks can also decide what type of shredded cheese they want; however, Betty Crocker recommends Monterey Jack or Cheddar.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Bisquick mix
- 3/4 cup of Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. While the oven is preheating, grease a 9-inch pie plate. Cook the ground beef and onions in a skillet until the beef is brown. Drain the grease from the meat, stir in the taco seasoning and then put mixture into the pie plate. Top this with the canned chilies.
- Mix the eggs, milk and Bisquick and pour into the pie plate.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Top with cheese and allow to melt, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Cool for about 5 minutes before serving.