Stuffing is a classic recipe that calls for Swanson Chicken Broth, celery, onion and herb seasoned stuffing. This side dish goes great with turkey, chicken or almost any poultry dish. It's for more than just the holidays.
Basic Stuffing Recipe
The brand of stuffing mix used in the recipe is optional. The vegetables can be substituted as well for taste. This stuffing can use either the standard Swanson's chicken broth or the certified organic broth. The following recipe makes ten servings of stuffing.
Prep time: 20 min.
Cook time: 30 min.
Total time: 50 min.
- 2 1/2 cups Swanson chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 14-ounce package of Pepperidge Farm herb-seasoned stuffing
- Heat the broth, chopped celery and onion in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and cover the pan. Let the mixture cook for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Stir the mixture often to prevent burning or overcooking the vegetables.
- After the mixture cooks, stir in the bag of stuffing mix. Mix carefully to avoid breaking the stuffing up or turning it into crumbs.
- Spoon this mixture into a baking dish and let cook at 350 F for 30 minutes or until hot. Serve warm.