This snowball cake recipe is made with a prepackaged cake mix, cream cheese and instant pudding mix. It can be whipped up in just over an hour.
By taking help from a prepackaged cake mix, this recipe is easy to make and tastes homemade.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Ready In: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
- 1 package devil's food cake mix
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 container whipped topping, such as Cool Whip
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a 2.5-quart oven-proof bowl, prepare the cake mix as directed on the package. Scrape the sides of the bowl thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Spoon the mixture into the center of the cake batter.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for 1 hour 5 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. When the cake is done, loosen it with a knife and invert onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
- While the cake cools, beat the dry pudding mix, milk and powdered sugar in a bowl for 2 minutes or until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping and refrigerate.
- Frost the cooled cake with the pudding mixture. Coat with the shredded coconut. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.