One easy-to-make side dish for chicken is called "the ultimate side dish." The recipe calls for things like green beans, sliced potatoes and cream of celery soup, and is ready in under an hour.
Ultimate Side Dish
This simple recipe only takes 5 minutes to prepare and can bake in the oven with a roast chicken.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Ready in: 50 minutes
- 1 15.5-ounce can French-style green beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can sliced potatoes
- 1 10.75-ounce can cream of celery soup
- 1 1/8 cups milk
- 1 8-ounce package dry stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons French-fried onions, divided
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine the green beans and potatoes in a 2-quart casserole dish. Stir in the soup and milk. Season the mixture with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the French fried onions.
- Once combined, sprinkle the remaining onions on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered. Prepare the stuffing according to the package directions. After 30 minutes, remove the green bean mixture from the oven and top with the stuffing mix. Be sure to cover the entire dish.
- Return the casserole to the oven and continue baking for 10 minutes or until the top is crunchy. To give the dish extra crunch, broil for a few minutes. Serve hot.