Paula Deen's Food Network recipe for taco soup is considered easy to make and has received many five-star reviews on the Food Network website. It serves 12 to 16 people, and can be prepared in a slow cooker by combining the ingredients and cooking for a few hours. Deen recommends serving the soup atop corn chips in a bowl, and topping it with several garnishes including sour cream and jalapeno peppers.
This recipe for Taco Soup can also be prepared in a pot on the stove, simmering it over low heat for 1 hour. The recipe is rated by the Food Network as "easy" to prepare.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups diced onion
- 2 cans, 15 1/2 ounces, pinto beans
- 1 can, 15 1/2 ounces, pink kidney beans
- 1 can, 15 1/4 ounces, whole kernel corn drained
- 1 can, 14 1/2 ounces, Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 can, 14 1/2 ounces, diced tomatoes
- 1 can, 14 1/2 ounces, tomatoes with chiles
- 2 cans, 4 1/2 ounces, diced green chiles
- 1 can, 4.6 ounces, drained and sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup green olives, sliced
- 1 package, 1 1/4 ounces, taco seasoning mix
- 1 package, 1 ounces, ranch dressing salad mix
- Corn chips, garnish
- Sour cream, garnish
- Grated cheese, garnish
- Chopped green onions, garnish
- Jalapenos, garnish
Step 1: Cook ground beef and onions in a skillet, then drain the mixture and pour it into a slow cooker.
Step 2: Combine all ingredients except garnishes in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Step 3: Pour soup into a bowl over corn chips, then top with garnishes.