This cranberry nut bread recipe uses flour, sugar, orange zest and chopped cranberries to create a dense, moist loaf that is ready in just over an hour. This loaf provides a faint orange flavor that goes perfectly with the tartness of the cranberries.
Cranberry Nut Bread
This is a quick and easy cranberry nut loaf recipe that anyone can make, even those without a lot of kitchen experience. It uses fresh cranberries and orange juice, along with a number of ingredients most people already have in their kitchens. This recipe yields one 9x5 loaf.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Ready in: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and baking powder. Add the cranberries and walnuts and stir to combine.
- In another bowl combine the oil, egg, orange juice and orange zest together. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir just until blended.
- Pour the batter into the 9x5 pan and bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove the loaf to cool completely on a wire rack.