Macaroni is a staple in most American kitchens, and macaroni salad is just one of many ways to enjoy it. This recipe from the Food Network calls for macaroni, celery, red onion, parsley, tomato, mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, cider vinegar, sour cream, pepper and kosher salt.
Easy Macaroni Salad
This recipe is quick and easy to fix for a side dish. The tomato in the recipe is optional, so leave it out if preferred.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 30 minutes
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup minced red onion, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup diced vine-ripe tomatoes (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to season to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix the macaroni, onion, celery, parsley and tomato together.
- In a different bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream and salt. Pour the resulting mixture over the macaroni mix in the other bowl.
- Stir them together and add salt and pepper to taste. Macaroni salad be stored in the refrigerator, but only for up to 3 days before discarding.