A traditional honey glazed ham is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients such as ham, honey, cloves and butter. The best part is that it can be prepared in under 2 hours.
This recipe is not only flavorful, but easy to make and far less expensive than most glazed hams.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour, 35 minutes
- 1 5-pound ready-to-eat ham
- 2 cups honey
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2/3 cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Remove the ham from its packaging and score the top by making X marks along its surface. Stud the entire surface with the cloves.
- In a double boiler, combine the honey, corn syrup and butter and heat until warm. Reduce the heat to low to keep the glaze warm while the ham bakes.
- Brush the glaze over the ham and place the ham in the oven. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting every 10 to 15 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking, turn on the broiler to caramelize the glaze. Remove the ham from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes before serving.