One easy recipe for a garlic shrimp marinade uses ingredients such as ground paprika, garlic and fresh lemon juice. This marinade is perfect for grilled shrimp.
Grilled Garlic and Herb Shrimp
For this dish, the shrimp will need to sit in the marinade for at least 2 hours. This recipe yields four servings.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Inactive time: 2 hours
Cook time: 5 minutes
Ready in: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, basil, pepper and brown sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Add in the shrimp and stir to evenly coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning the shrimp at least once.
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill over medium-high heat. Oil the grill and place about 4 inches from the heat.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, allowing the excess to drain off. Discard the used marinade.
- Grill the shrimp on a preheated grill for 5 to 6 minutes, or until opaque in the center. Serve hot.