Grilled Garlic and Herb Shrimp
For this dish, the shrimp will need to sit in the marinade for at least 2 hours. This recipe yields four servings.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Inactive time: 2 hours
Cook time: 5 minutes
Ready in: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
Learn more about Cooking
- In a large bowl, combine the paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, basil, pepper and brown sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Add in the shrimp and stir to evenly coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning the shrimp at least once.
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill over medium-high heat. Oil the grill and place about 4 inches from the heat.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, allowing the excess to drain off. Discard the used marinade.
- Grill the shrimp on a preheated grill for 5 to 6 minutes, or until opaque in the center. Serve hot.