Chocolate fondue is a simple and fun dessert recipe that calls for sugar, heavy cream, bittersweet chocolate, butter, Cabernet Sauvignon, pound cake, strawberries and biscotti. This type of dessert is ideal for dinner parties or large groups that have a buffet-type spread. It can also be made as a more romantic two-person dessert as well.
Chocolate Fondue Dip
The food used for dipping in the recipe is very flexible. Any kind of fruit or bread can be used, as well as cake. Marshmallows, oranges, bananas and even cookies can be dipped in the hot chocolate sauce. Make sure to use foods that will not fall apart easily when dipped.
Prep time: 15 min.
Cook time: 2 min.
Total time: 17 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pound cake cubes for dipping
- Strawberries, cleaned, for dipping
- Biscotti bits, for dipping
- Mix together the sugar, heavy cream, butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from microwave and stir. Add the Cabernet Sauvignon and stir again.
- Transfer to a fondue pot with a flame under it to make sure the sauce stays soft and usable. Serve with the cake, fruit and biscotti on the sides. Make sure the cake and biscotti are small enough to easily hold onto and dip.