One good recipe for chili includes ingredients such as ground beef, tomato, garlic, chili powder, salt, oregano, cayenne pepper, corn flour, pinto beans and kidney beans. These ingredients are combined and simmered over a stove. Chili can be served with shredded cheddar, lime wedges, onions and tortilla chips.
This easy recipe makes 6-8 servings and can be found on the Food Network.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 chopped cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon each of oregano, salt and cumin
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon each of corn flour and cayenne pepper
- 1 15-ounce can each of kidney beans and pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded cheddar, tortilla chips, chopped onions and lime wedges for serving
Step 1: Brown ground beef with the garlic over medium heat. Drain excess fat and add cumin, oregano, salt tomato sauce, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Stir, cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
Step 2: Mix corn flour with 1/2 cup water and add to chili. Stir and adjust corn flour and spices according to taste and preferred consistency. Add kidney and pinto beans and simmer for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Serve chili with the tortilla chips, onions, lime wedges and cheddar.