Buddig Beef offers a simple and flavorful cheese ball recipe on their website that calls for cream cheese, cheddar cheese, olives, green onions, red bell pepper, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and Buddig Beef, served with crackers. The recipe is quick to put together and can be done in advance for parties or dinners.
Buddig Beef Cheese Ball
The recipe can use Buddig Beef or if it is unavailable the ham version can be used as well. This recipe calls for the traditional shaped cheese ball, but the recipe recommends that the cheese can be shaped into a football shape and then coated in the beef to make it look like a football for game parties.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Chill Time: 2 to 3 hr.
Total Time: Up to 3 hr. 10 min.
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package Buddig Beef
- Assorted crackers
- Beat cream cheese and cheddar cheese with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Mix additional ingredients into cheese mix, then form into a ball. Wrap the entire ball in a layer of plastic wrap to help the ball keep its shape and prevent it from picking up odors in the fridge.
- Chill 2 to 3 hours or until firm then serve with the assorted crackers.