The Tex-Mex Corn Chip Chili recipe is one of the most well-liked and highly rated chili recipes on one of Rachael Ray's online recipe websites. Rachael Ray is a celebrity chef best known for her syndicated lifestyle and cooking shows. Among her more popular shows include her self-titled talk show "Rachael Ray," "30 Minute Meals" and "$40 A Day."
The following shows how to cook Rachael Ray's Tex-Mex Corn Chip Chili recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef, lean
- 1 bag corn chips
- 1 head of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 can black beans (15 oz)
- 1 can pinto beans (15 oz)
- 1 can tomatoes with green chili (10 oz)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a Dutch oven. Once hot, add the ground beef and then cook for about seven minutes. Add the ground cumin, garlic, onion and chili pepper and reduce the heat to medium low. Cook for 5 minutes more. Throw in the beans including the liquid and the tomatoes. Continue to cook while stirring every once in a while.
- Once the sauce takes on a thicker consistency, usually after about 15 minutes, add salt and pepper according to taste. Add the cilantro and then top with the shredded cheese. Cover until the cheese topping melts, which takes about 10 to 15 minutes. Place corn chips in a bowl then top with the chili sauce. Serve.