Paula Deen's avocado dressing recipe, available through Food Network's website, is a popular and easy dressing recipe, receiving a five-star rating by visitors to the site. The recipe calls for avocado, mayonnaise, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper. The recipe makes 2 cups of dressing, so there is enough for a large party-sized salad.
This dressing is blended in a food processor but, if there is not one available, it can be blended with a hand-held immersion blender or an actual blender. The salt in the dressing can also be adjusted to taste or for low-sodium diets. If someone is not sure if an avocado is ripe, the best way to judge is to go by the skin color. Avocados are completely green when they are fully ripe.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 large avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Add the lemon juice to the avocado and mash them together.
- The ingredients need to be put into a food processor and blended until smooth. Chill the dressing until ready to use.