An easy honey glaze that tastes great with turkey requires only three ingredients: butter, orange juice and honey. The glaze is put on the turkey during the roasting process, creating a sweet topping that keeps in the turkey's juices, making it tender and moist.
Honey Glazed Turkey
This recipe makes one 6- to 9-pound turkey, but can easily be doubled or tripled as needed.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours
Ready in: 3 hours 30 minutes
- 1 6- to 9-pound turkey
- 1 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- Bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon tried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Remove the giblets and neck from the thawed turkey and rinse. Pat dry.
- Make the stuffing using the bread crumbs, green pepper, onion, spices and chicken broth. Spoon the stuffing into the turkey cavity.
- Place the turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast-side up. Insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh, making sure to not touch the bone.
- Roast the turkey, uncovered, at 325 F for 1 hour
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, honey and orange juice. Mix well.
- Alternately brush the turkey with the glaze and the pan drippings several times while continuing to roast for another 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Remove the turkey from the oven when the temperature reaches 180 F.