Rachael Ray's Mini Ham and Egg Casseroles calls for baguette pieces, cream cheese, olive oil, ham, scallions, half and half, black pepper, eggs, thyme, salt and tomatoes. These mini casseroles are an ideal serving size for breakfast and are very simple to fix.
Mini Ham and Egg Casseroles
The recipe calls for the cream cheese to be cut into slices, but whipped cream cheese is also an option. The recipe also calls for a baguette, but any kind of crusty bread could be used for the recipe.
Prep time: 15 min.
Cook time: 15 min.
Total time: 30 min.
- 1/4 baguette, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, sliced into 12 pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced ham, about 1 cup
- 4 scallions, green and white parts chopped and separated
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 pound plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan. Fill each cup halfway with bread cubes and top with cream cheese.
- Heat the olive oil and add ham, white part of the scallions and a pinch of black pepper. Cook until scallions are tender then add the half and half and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk eggs with thyme, then add the half and half mixture. Finish filling muffin cups and bake until puffy and golden brown. Top the tomato slices with remaining scallion and serve along side the mini casseroles.