There are many foods that contain bioflavonoids, some of which include fresh vegetables and fruits. Typically, many foods that provide vitamin C, which is an essential nutrient in the body, also provide bioflavonoids, according to FitDay.
- Sweet peppers – In this type of peppers, the amount of vitamin C available is three times more than that found in oranges; this means that the level of bioflavonoids is also high.
- Broccoli – This is a type of green vegetable that has a high amount of vitamin C and bioflavonoids. To extract the best results from this vegetable, it should be eaten when raw.
- Tropical fruits – These fruits, such as papayas and mangoes, have a high amount of bioflavonoids under their skin.
- Garlic – Garlic is one of the natural foods that contain a high amount of bioflavonoids. It is mostly associated with foods that have healing effect, because of its high antioxidant values.
- Spinach – This green vegetable is rich in antioxidants, and has a high level of bioflavonoids.
- Teas – All types of teas have high amount of powerful chemical elements, such as the essential vitamins, that boost good health; they also contain a high amount of bioflavonoids.