Sauteed yellow squash is made with yellow squash, and fresh red bell pepper, celery, scallions and parsley. It's easy to make and can be prepared in under 30 minutes.
Sauteed Yellow Squash
Yellow squash cooks quickly and has a mild flavor that can be influenced by a number of different ingredients. Prepared as a side dish, sauteed yellow squash makes a colorful addition to any meal.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 14 min.
Ready In: 24 min.
- 2 small to medium yellow squash, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions or chives (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat a skillet on medium high heat and add the oil and butter.
- Add the squash and red pepper and saute until the squash is tender, about 14 minutes.
- When the squash is tender, stir in the parsley and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir in the scallions or chives, if desired.
Yellow squash has a mild flavor, making it a perfect side dish for a variety of meats and pasta dishes. For added variety or to try something different, try pairing yellow squash with fresh dill, adding sliced yellow squash to potatoes au gratin, or coating it with breadcrumbs and baking it in the oven.