To make a fast and easy spinach dip, blend chopped cooked spinach, sour cream, seasoning and mayonnaise or cream cheese. Add water chestnuts and chopped vegetables for some extra crunch.
Spinach Dip Recipe
Spinach dip is a fast and easy party dish. Cooks can whip it together in minutes and leave it to chill before serving.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Chill Time: 3 hours
Ready In: 3 hours and 10 min.
- 1 9 oz. package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 8 oz. container cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream or non-fat yogurt
- 1 package vegetable seasoning or 1 oz. ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup chopped vegetables, such as red peppers or green onions (optional)
- 8 oz. chopped water chestnuts (optional)
Step 1: Thaw and drain the spinach. Cooks can defrost the spinach in the microwave to save time.
Step 2: Blend the mayonnaise or cream cheese, sour cream and seasoning or dressing in a bowl. Cooks who wish to reduce the fat content of the dip can swap the sour cream for non-fat yogurt.
Step 3: If using, add the vegetables.
Step 4: Chill the mixture in the fridge for up to 3 hours.
Serve the dip chilled with crackers or vegetables. For an extra touch, serve the dip in a rye shell. To make a rye shell, cut a hole in the top of a round loaf of rye bread. Guests can rip off pieces of the bread and dip them into the spinach dip.