One easy remoulade recipe includes ingredients, such as garlic, lemon juice, green onions, yellow mustard, ketchup, horseradish, parsley, cayenne pepper, black pepper, celery, salt, Creole mustard and vegetable oil, which are mixed together. This recipe is provided to the Food Network by Emeril Legasse. It was featured on his "Mustard" episode of "The Essence of Emeril."
This easy remoulade recipe requires no cooking and makes approximately 3 cups of the sauce.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: None
Ready in: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons Creole whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Step 1: Combine all ingredients in a bowl belonging to a food processor.
Step 2: Process the mixture for 30 minutes.
Step 3: If not using the remoulade immediately, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The sauce will stay fresh for several days.
Remoulade is typically served with seafood dishes, such as crab cakes or shrimp. Mayonnaise can be used instead of vegetable oil.