Some easy recipes for brown rice include stuffed Cornish hens, pilaf, bean and rice burritos, coconut brown rice pudding and puffed rice bars. These recipes call for easy to find, basic ingredients.
Brown rice is more nutritious and filling compared to white rice. It can help keep blood sugar levels from rising too quickly after a meal, and provides some necessary fiber. When looking for an easy, tasty recipe to use with brown rice, consider trying some of these dishes. Brown rice can be served with lunch, dinner or even dessert.
- Stuffed Cornish hens: These miniature birds are great roasted in the oven. Fill them with a stuffing of brown rice, tomatoes, scallions and garlic.
- Brown rice pilaf: Slow cook brown rice in a delicious pilaf for lunch. This dish has rice, chicken broth, shallots, garlic and thyme.
- Brown rice and bean burrito: Make a filling lunch with a brown rice and bean burrito. Make up the burrito with avocado, lime juice, carrots, salsa and plenty of cheddar cheese.
- Coconut brown rice pudding: This pudding combines coconut milk, milk, brown rice, salt and sugar to create a delicious and unique dessert. It can be served with sliced bananas, a scoop of ice cream and brown sugar sprinkled on top.
- Puffed rice bars: Create a superior version of the rice crispy bar with puffed brown rice. Add in some dried cherries, cranberries, blueberries and slivered almonds to really enhance the flavor of this dessert snack bar.