The brownie ice cream cake is one of the easier ice cream cakes to make and the recipe shown here uses premixed, commercially produced fudge brownie mix, which saves significant prep time. The recipe makes use of vanilla ice cream and Hershey's chocolate as topping to make the recipe more interesting.
Brownie Ice Cream Cake
This recipe requires 20 minutes of bake time and a few more hours to allow the ice cream to set.
Prep time: 25 mins.
Cook time: 20 mins.
Total time: 3 hrs. and 55 mins.p]Ingredients:
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1 box Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix (this mix will still require vegetable oil, eggs and water, the proportions of which are printed on the box).
- 1 cup Hershey's fudge topping
- 2 tablespoons Betty Crocker candy sprinkles
- 6 red maraschino cherries with stems, drained
- Prepare the oven and pans
- Make the batter
- Add the ice cream
- Top with fudge and sprinkles
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two 9-inch round cake pans with aluminum foil, and then apply shortening or cooking spray on the bottom.
Follow the directions on the brownie mix box to make the batter. Divide the batter evenly between the two cake pans. Place in the oven and bake between 19 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into it comes out clean.
Divide the slightly softened ice cream evenly between the two brownies in the pan. Place in the freezer until the ice cream firms up.
Remove the pans from the freezer and place the brownies on serving plates. Cut into 8 slices each. Drizzle with fudge and sprinkles before serving.